Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Among the Palms in Florida

Captured at the Space Coast in Florida





In Florida among the palms



Everybody sings of the sunny South

That's the song that clings to the singer's mouth

They ragtime it and boost the climate

Way up to the sky



I

Never cared a lot for the Swanee shore

There's another spot that I'm rooting for

I've been there and I must declare

It can't be praised too high



[Refrain:]

If I had my way, I'd always stay

In Florida among the palms

With its peaceful air of "I don't care"

And lazy atmosphere that calms

My one favorite haunt

Is a palm tree, and all I want

Is someone just to rest in my arms

I'd love to live among the bamboo huts, the coco nuts

There's something in the climate that charms

Heaven's corridor is sunny Florida

Home of the shelt'ring palms



[2nd verse:]

Florida was named very prettily

By the man who claimed its discovery

He spent hours among the flowers

And called it "God's Land"



And

Nature seems to sigh "it's my favorite"

That's the reason why Heaven gave her it

It was born from a diamond worn

Upon an Angel's hand





I hope you'll enjoy the picture - with the lyric.

Thanks for your visit, my friends.

Susanne









Buy my photography printed, framed or stretched on Canvas, here



No comments:

Post a Comment